CAREER / 12 July 2017How to Remain Optimistic During the Job Hunt
If you just got a new job in a new city, or are starting as a freshman at your new college, you will need some useful gadgets to make your life a lot easier. Here is a list of my favorite gadgets that got me through college that I still use today!
1) Portable Phone Charger - For those times when you REALLY need some more battery life but you forgot to pack a charger. A whole bunch of companies sell these powerhouses, so you can find one in almost any electronics store around you. Here is a list of the top 30 portable chargers that money can buy.
2) Roku - Watch Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, or any other streaming service right on your TV. No HDMI adapters or messy wires needed. Perfect for the college student with a little space and a little down time. Learn more about the various products here.
3) Echo Smartpen - You know the future is here when pens can capture everything you write and say. The Echo Smartpen records your voice and captures every pen stroke as you write, meaning you can convert your paper notes to digital copies! A great addition to any pencil bag.
4) Window Solar Charger - Uh oh, no open outlets nearby? Don’t worry, just find a window with ample sunlight and you should be charging your phone in no time. In your dorm room, this makes for a beautiful decoration that’ll leave all visitors jealous.
5) FitBit - For the people who want to monitor their every step, know how well-rested they are in the morning, and track their fitness goals. With multiple versions of the FitBit, it’s a great asset to both hardcore exercise junkies and casual runners.
6) Duxtop Portable Burner - Dorms can be a hard place to cook food. But when you get tired of campus burritos and fast food, this gadget can save the day. It’s a burner that acts like an electric stovetop, meaning you can cook small meals from the comfort of your room.
7) Touch-Sensitive Gloves - If you’ve tried using a touch screen with normal gloves, you know it’s an impossible feat. With touch-sensitive gloves, you can keep your hands warm in the winter while still using your phone, tablet, and touch surfaces effectively. I bought mine last year and it’s the best winter gadget I own.
8) MaxiMatic 3-in-1 Breakfast Station - Comes with a mini griddle, a toaster oven right under, and a coffee maker next to it. Both compact and cute, this 3-in-1 station is a must for any student living in a dorm or for anyone with limited space in their apartment or condo. Best of all, you can find it on Amazon for less than $50. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you definitely don’t want to miss out on this one.
If you have some amazing gadgets you would like to share with your fellow millennials, feel free to leave a comment below!