While college will give you a great education and the full college life you only experience once-maybe-twice-in-a-lifetime, it is far too costly for colleges to keep up with technological trends (read here for a list of real world skills college doesn’t teach you). In fact, technology changes so fast, even companies have a hard time keeping up with it.
What that means is most of the online classes you see teach you concepts or how to do things in theory. It’s not a bad thing. It just makes it a little more difficult for learners to figure out how to apply those concepts in real-life work and experiments. Often times, it is not an accurate depiction of what those jobs entail.
When it comes to learning skills that are needed for not only being qualified for jobs but being amazing at it, there is slightly more that goes into it. You want to make sure you are learning not just all the basics and theories to be able to understand the skills/terminology involved, but also be able to work with the tools and actual methods that will make you stand out from the rest and perform! ProSky creates training programs created by top industry professionals that help you succeed from day one on the job and we simplify it so that learners of every level can study and practice till they themselves become experts.
How It Works
- Select a Training Track:
- You can choose from several training tracks that are designed to guide you through a detailed curriculum that will help you understand and practice the ins and out of that given subject. Each track hosts individual training programs that can lead to different job positions but when you complete an entire track, you become a full-stack expert. That means you can start working in entry-level positions and the further along you go on a track, the more expanded you will be in your career skills which means promotions and a better salary.
- For example, if you started on the Growth Marketing track, you will start off by taking the social media training program (read here for more!). This program will enable you to go after jobs like social media strategist, community manager, and so on. After this program, you can graduate to the SEO training program. With this added training, you can now take on SEO roles which will give you a much higher salary. Upon the completion of the entire Growth Marketing track, you will be trained as a full-stack marketer and can go after the high-in-demand roles and much higher salary of a growth marketer or growth hacker.
- Get Certified
- You didn’t just sit through hours of video for nothing! Get certified on each training tracks upon completion! With your each new certification, you will be even more of a valuable asset to future companies (new certifications mean more hard skills you bring to the table). If you are a company, companies can also get their whole team certified on various training tracks you can do so with ProSky immersive training series. This is great way to get your new hires on the same page and fully equipped with all the knowledge and tools that they need to succeed in their roles. Not only can employers find qualified candidates through ProSky but they can train a whole team at once or just a couple at a time all on one platform!
- Do Projects for Hiring Companies
- Once a path is selected, you can be a part of the ProSky candidate pool, placing yourself in front of companies looking to hire qualified candidates. I guess that’s the meaning of instant gratification. Only ProSky allows you to learn the skills you need for in-demand industries and then allows you to choose to turn around and showcase those skills through projects for companies looking to hire. You can work in teams and showcase your behavioral skills like leadership, multitasking, and effective communication through the projects while companies watch and observe how you tackle the projects that are designed by them.
- Get Mentored by Hiring Professionals
- While working on projects to demonstrate your technical and behavioral skills, you will be guided by a mentor provided by the hiring company that is an expert in the field of hire to guide you through the project. If there are any questions or concerns, you can communicate with them through the ProSky platform to gain a better understanding of the project you will be working on. The people who mentor you would potentially be hiring you, so unlike with any traditional interviewing methods, you have a chance to really show off who you are as a person and the value you can bring to their company. ProSky also has a candidate success team and a network of mentors skilled in the field of your choice to help you navigate your entire career.
- Get Hired!
- The Prosky Immersive training series is designed to put you ahead of the game by giving you the inside knowledge and tools you need to succeed in the fields. We know you don’t get the information you need to succeed in marketing class, let’s say, just by showing up to take midterms and finals on concepts and theories. So, with our advanced training tracks, you can learn everything you need to successfully do your job as a growth marketer or a sales professional, just to name a couple. ProSky has a goal to get qualified candidates in the hands of hiring companies while getting young professionals skilled up on the things that are not being taught in schools. Get hired the ProSky way!
The ProSky Difference
- Industry Professionals Not Teachers
- “Hey, Teacher! Leave them kids alone!” - Pink Floyd
- Exactly how it sounds - you would be learning your chosen subject from people that are already out there making money doing the same thing. If you had trouble with your car and couldn’t figure out what is wrong with it, you would probably go online and try and find out more about what is happening. You would value the opinions of people who have gone through the same thing and probably take their suggestions (especially if they were successful). That seems like a common approach nowadays. You wouldn’t, however, take it to an automotive instructor at a local college and seek answers from him or her. It’s not just a matter of convenience, it’s a matter of relying on the experience of people that have gone through the same thing.
- Professional training with ProSky is a very similar concept in that it allows anyone to learn in-demand skills from industry professionals as opposed to from teachers and professors. Many business professionals agree that the concepts they learn in class and the assignments that they work on have very little to do with the actual work in the industry. This disconnect is one of the main reasons companies are having a hard time hiring qualified people. Many colleges/universities don’t have the funds to keep up with technology and fail to teach their marketing students, for instance, software that can boost their business skills. Therefore, they stick with textbooks which mostly teach concepts and a lot of it is usually outdated and irrelevant for today’s world.
Here are a few benefits of learning from industry professionals:
- A Day in the Life
- One of the greatest benefits to the training tracks with ProSky is to see more about what is involved in each given track and what the work is like. Because these are people out there working in this field, you get more of a taste of what kind of personalities they attract, what the workload is like and most importantly, what it is they do from day to day. This is incredibly valuable information that you couldn’t get from someone merely teaching the subject to others.
- Short-cuts and Best Tricks
- Whether it is SEO experts or people who are successfully growth hacking, you would be learning not just what they do on a daily basis, but the tricks and shortcuts that make their lives easier and more productive. What makes people stand out to hiring managers is the ability to showcase skills and what better way is there to do that than showing off how well you know the software and programs that they are already working with.
- Tools and Software
- Whether it is Business to Business sales or search engine optimization, there are tools and programs that are designed to make your life easier and ProSky instructors are working with these programs to make sure you know how what they are, how to use them and what their benefits are. It would put you at a great advantage to know more about these programs before you get hired so you have a leg up above anyone else and stand a part.
- “ A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity” - Dalai Lama
- There are sites like Udemy and Lynda or companies like General Assembly that offer courses of various kinds to students, but they are more costly and they are usually taught by recently certified teachers. With ProSky, you know exactly what you are getting up front. With ProSky, you will learn everything in your given track to help you get a job within that field. The way the training tracks are designed with ProSky, you are getting a comprehensive learning experience that really paints a picture of what kind of jobs you will find, how much the jobs pay, what they do, and how they do it. Having the advantage of receiving that information from others making a living doing that very thing, you know you can trust the information you are getting.
- “Small changes eventually add up to huge results” - Anonymous
- At the end of the day, time is money and people want to spend what extra time they do have on something that will give them results. Wouldn’t it be great to know that after committing yourself to developing your skill set, you can potentially get hired afterward? That’s the ultimate goal for anyone pursuing an education, so it shouldn’t be any different for anyone wanting to further their skill-sets. ProSky training tracks are designed to put you in front of hiring companies by giving you the opportunities to showcase your skills through projects and challenges. You get matched to projects according to your skill-set, interests, and personality, and if the projects go well and the mentors like what they see, you can potentially get hired. No other training courses are designed to give you a chance to get hired. The best part is you control how well you do on the project instead of leaving it to chance with an interview. Read here for a great ProSky success story!
If you are a candidate and interested in a course with ProSky, go to this page to learn more about the training tracks that we offer and how they can help you advance in your career!
Take your company to the next level and get your new hires skilled up with one of the ProSky Immersive Training Series today:
1. Social Media Marketing
2. B2B Sales Development Rep
For Candidates and Companies: Enter pro10off in the promotion code section before checkout for a 10% discount on all training courses today!