Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock the last few years, you know that brands have been revolutionalzed by social media. Almost every company or brand has a social media account not only posting about their products but brilliantly correlating them with the latest pop culture. While some brands are thriving, producing social media content is not all about meme’s and gifs. It takes a special team to have their ears to the ground and keep in touch with millennials.
For example, Beyonce shouted out Red Lobster in one of her songs the day before the super bowl. Brands across the country were taking the internet by storm. Everyone was trying to get in Formation with Beyonce while Red Lobster silently missed their 15 minutes of fame. The world was waiting on an epic response from the Red Lobster team and this was their lacking response:
People were outraged by this response. Red Lobster had so much potential for greatness and they let the world down. Many people were tweeting about the ad agency that runs Red Lobster’s Twitter and how they needed to be more " in-the-know" with pop culture. Do you think you have what it takes? Pursue a career in social media jobs!
Cool jobs you can get in social media:
- Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Online Community Manager
- SEO Specialist
- Content Marketing Manager
- Digital Specialist
- Advertising Assistant
There are many ways you can get involved in social media. Social media is a great way to express your creativity on mass media. Almost everyone tweets, but no one knows the special effort it takes to gather leads and create awesome content.
How to get started:
- The first way to get started with social media is revolutionizing your own personal brand. The most important brand to market is your own and you need to have an expertise about yourself. Start a blog or start tweeting meaningful content, write about your experiences and make yourself memorable and relatable. It’s easy to build a following while in college, you just have to use your resources wisely. You have so much to offer the world, you just have to open up and let the world in.
- Follow social trends. You can’t be a social media master if you do not know what’s going on in the world. Pop culture is extremely important to the success of great social media content. Be consistent with what you post and always keep your ears to the ground. You need to live for the trends! Subscribe to latest news sources to keep up with all of the fun!
- Study your favorite social media accounts. What are they doing to keep users engaged and focused? Are they interactive with their followers? What kind of content are they posting? See what they are doing so that you can improve your writing and match the tone of the internet. Everyday, I have a few must see accounts that I have to follow.
- Take ProSky’s Social media course! You will get the opportunity to have hands on training in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. The training course is around six weeks and it allows you to work at your own pace to complete assignments. After you have all of the knowledge you need, you will be able to participate in a cool hands-on project, where you can put your skills to the test.
- Already an expert? Good for you! Participate in our Social Media Project. Get an awesome mentor, and drastically upgrade your previous skills. Check out what ProSkyer’s Hunter had to say about our course:
"I used to be afraid to talk to CEO’s. I learned that it is all about being yourself and contributing to your group to collaborate to reach a common purpose. I learned that anything is attainable if you are willing to put in the work. If you want to accomplish something, you must be willing to put your pride aside, push forward and put in time in order to carve out a great product. Own it and be proud of your team. When you are able to share it with others, you will all be happy with the results."
To learn more about our Social Media Marketing course or any of our other courses, Click Here.