Every company needs a strong team of employees to become successful. That is why HR managers and company leaders pay so much attention to employee development.
However, developing your employees successfully is not just about letting them learn new skills or incorporating effective team-building strategies. Just take a look at the employee engagement study conducted by Gallup, which claims that only 13% of employees are fully engaged at work. So that’s the share of people psychologically committed to their job. And note that this study was conducted in the biggest companies in 142 countries worldwide!
As you can see, there’s definitely something more behind employee development than just letting your subordinates attend different workshops and lectures. So if you’re an HR manager, company leader, or the owner of a startup company who’s determined to build a super-successful business, here are 5 crucial tactics and some key tools to help your employees grow professionally.
Tactics to Help Your Employees Grow Professionally
1. Provide reviews on a regular basis
Tell your supervisors to have regular reviews checking productivity of our employees. You need to make sure that all employees have work to do, so their productivity levels don’t drop.
But what’s more important is to make sure that all employees are challenged. Giving your employees challenging tasks is one of the most effective ways to boost productivity and motivation. Also, try to let your employees evaluate themselves and reflect on their productivity by having them fill a questionnaire.
2. Incorporate individual development plans
Have a personal approach to each of your employees by working out an individual development plan. Let your employees think over what they would like to learn or improve. You can do this by having them fill out special forms. Samples of IDP forms can be found all over the Internet, but you can enhance them and adapt them to the needs of your employees and your company in general.
3. Create mentoring programs
Pair your employees with mentors, but let them choose a mentor they want to learn from. However, make sure that if some employees don’t choose their supervisor as a mentor, they won’t be oppressed or offended. Help your supervisors understand that employees have the right to make their own choice.
When creating a mentoring program, you need to make sure that it’s perfectly structured and meets necessary requirements like efficiency and thorough training. You can try out different formats, or even create your own. Just make sure that all expectations are met and all employees are mentored by people they’ve chosen.
4. Provide necessary resources
When it comes to helping your employees improve their skills and learn some new valuable information, you need to make sure that they have all resources to learn.
To make workshops and lectures for your employees successful, make sure that learning is interactive and informative. Your employees shouldn’t feel like they’re just wasting their time. Provide them with all necessary resources for learning, so that their new knowledge and skills are beneficial both for them and for you.
Helping your employees grow professionally involves a lot of work on your side too. Make sure that you know how to be a role model for your employees so that they are fully engaged and motivated to work.
Also, let them know that they can trust you. Absolute trust from your employees will guarantee their engagement, high productivity levels, and great motivation to make your company successful.
Tools to Help Your Employees Grow Professionally
Here are five apps and other resources for employee development:
- Igniter: this app is all about identifying your personal values. To make sure that your employees are fully engaged in the working process, they must understand the values that form their personality.
- DayOne: this is a great tracker for your personal ideas and keeping track of anything. This app is great for reflecting on something and making it a daily routine. It’s a great personal development tool, which will definitely be useful for your employees.
- 2Do: this is a very creative to-do list, where you can put down important tasks and divide them into several categories. This app will help your employees never look track of what they need to do. And they will never miss deadlines!
- Awriter: this is a great resource that will definitely be helpful for your employees. Here they can learn how to write business texts, letters, proposals, and memos, which will definitely come in handy.
- Calendly: productivity is all about scheduling. Advise your employees to use this resource to keep their arrangements and meeting more organized. Calendly is easy and fun to use and will definitely be helpful for your employees.
Having a team of the professionals working for you is a key to success. But turning your employees into professionals is all about your attitude as a leader. Make sure that you are as involved in employee development as your subordinates. This way they will trust you and be more motivated to be more productive. Only together you will make your company successful!
Lucy Benton is a marketing specialist, business consultant who finds her passion in expressing own thoughts as a blogger, and currently works at Proessaywriting. Also, Lucy has her own blog ProWritingPartner where you can check her last publications. If you’re interested in working with Lucy, you can find her on Twitter.